Sunday, March 22, 2009

Passover is coming!

My favorite part of Passover has always been the matzo ball soup! Since going gluten free I have been using this outstanding recipe from potato flakes that actually tastes like Matzo Balls!

Try it out for yourself!
Ingredients
4 Eggs
3 tb Chicken fat/margarine
1 ts Salt
1/4 Teaspoon xantham gum
1 c Instant potato flakes
4 tb Chicken stock
Dill- optional
Beat eggs and fat, add salt, dill and xantham gum to potatoes and add to the eggs. Add stock, mix well and chill for 20-30 mins. Wet hands and form into balls cook in simmering soup for 20 mins.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend.
    My name is Sonia and I have a granddaughter celiac.
    I also have a blog, this is the direction

    http://minietasingluten.blogspot.com
    In this blog hanging investigations, particularly for holidays etc celiacs.
    Thanks for your recipes.
    un saludo
    sonia

    ReplyDelete